Like Us On
Items from the Museum
Saxon Comb from
Answers to the puzzles which appear on this site.
|PAST TREE CODES
|FEW TRUE CROW
|RELAY TO HEART
- The County is Berkshire
- The School is Eton College
- The River Thames
- Sir Christopher Wren.
- The Sport of Kings - Horse racing
- Queen Victoria
- The Motorway is M4
- A clock tower
- They were both designed by the same architect, Charles Hollis. The church was completed in 1822 and work on the bridge began in the same year.
- John Marbeck. The other three were burned at the stake, but Marbeck was saved
- The Fire Engine. The Engine House can still be seen in Church Street.
- With a 21 gun salute at noon. The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead is the only civilian organisation which regularly fires gun salutes. They use saluting cannons one foot long which are fired at half minute intervals.
- Ivor Novello. He wrote ‘Perchance to Dream’ there in 1945
- Baldwin’s Bridge, also known as Barnes Pool Bridge is maintained by the Baldwin’s Bridge Trust.
- Margaret Oliphant Reputedly Queen Victoria’s favourite author, she wrote 92 novels.
- All Saints Church Bisham (pronounced Bis-ham). The Hoby Family lived at Bisham Abbey, now the National Sports Centre.
- Sir Christopher Wren, who was born in Windsor.
- Titanic. 17- year-old Owen Allum from Clewer died in the Titanic disaster.
Windsor Wordsearch Solution
Borough Wordsearch Solution